这句名言来自 可怜的理查德的年鉴 经常被错误引用. It was published by founder Benjamin Franklin in 1737: “A penny saved is two pence clear.” Finding ways to manage expenses is one of the cornerstones of a sound financial strategy.
Here are some simple and inexpensive energy-saving tips that may help you save money.
To better understand where opportunities may exist for improving energy efficiency, 考虑能源审计. Perform one yourself by purchasing a home energy monitor, 跟踪你的能源使用, and a handheld air leak detector to identify windows, doors and other areas of the home that are drafty.
也, your local power utility may offer in-home energy audits or related services that can help identify remediation opportunities.
Consider these do-it-yourself ideas that may offer immediate savings at very little cost.
- Install a programmable thermostat to automatically lower the heat or air conditioning because—let’s face it—you forget to do it.
- Devices that offer “instant on,” or continuous display (e.g., TV, cable box and recharger) use energy non-stop. Consider a power strip to reduce their electrical use by shutting off the power strip at bedtime.
- Plug up the air leaks through weather stripping or caulking; install door sweeps to block drafts. Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
- Be sure to have your heating system serviced to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Install a water heater blanket and turn it down to 120 degrees; not only is a higher temperature wasteful, but a lower temperature is a safety precaution for younger children. Lower it to a minimum temperature when you leave for vacation.
For many, the cost of running their automobile(s) can be higher than their home. 这里有一些省钱的方法:
- Check your tires for proper inflation.
- Drive sensibly by eliminating excessive idling, aggressive driving, and observing the speed limit.
The content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information in this material is not intended as tax or legal advice. It may not be used for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. This material was developed and produced by FMG Suite to provide information on a topic that may be of interest. FMG Suite is not affiliated with the named broker-dealer, state- or SEC-registered investment advisory firm. 所表达的意见及 material provided are for general information, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or 出售任何证券. 版权所有2021 FMG套件.